We know that the children have been working hard over the last few weeks and need a well-earned break! We are not expecting anyone to do extra work over the Summer holidays, however if they would like to keep busy, there are some ideas below!
- Keep reading widely- story books, non-fiction, websites, recipes, instructions etc.
- Practise telling the time, e.g. what time is it now? What time will it be in 5 minutes? Half an hour?
- Keep practising 2, 5 and 10 times tables and start to learn 3, 4 and 8 times tables.
- Keep learning the Year 2 spelling list (below) and start practising the Year 3 & 4 spelling list (below).
- You can use this website to consolidate Year 2 spelling patterns and rules: https://spellingframe.co.uk/spelling-rule/2/Year-2